Countdown to Keller's Birthday

PitaPata Dog tickers

Sunday, October 10, 2010

But I don't want to leave.

Keller's facial expressions don't need words to describe them. This morning her sad, half-perked ears said it all: "But I don't want to leave........"
Much like Keller, I wish camping would last forever. We had such a great time with the Brocks when they joined us at Great River Bluffs State Park Saturday night-Sunday morning. The weather was perfect, the trees were just about peaking, and the company was excellent. Camping is great even when illness strikes - Keller picked up her fair share of ticks (12? 15?), one that bit her being a deer tick. I got sick Saturday, Owen was ill, and the rest remained unharmed. It doesn't matter. What matters is that we had a terrific time and we look forward to another adventure with them again (Keller and Duncan would have to agree). Keller had so much fun she wanted to go home with Duncan, instead.

2 comments:

  1. Duncan is moping around here. Looking hopefully out the front door here and there. Are you on the mend? I hope.

    Get better, friend - and we look forward to next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for next camping season now! And perhaps Duncan wants to come over and help find the other mouse I spotted this evening?

    I have some big horse pills that will take care the bug. Cheers. :)

    ReplyDelete